- A cake made to celebrate and mark the anniversary of a person’s birth. Butter and sponge cakes are traditionally the cake of choice, with a buttercream frosting. Small lit candles are placed on top of the cake for the birthday person to blow out after making a wish.
- decorated cake served at a birthday party
- The birthday cake has been an integral part of the birthday celebrations in Western cultures since the middle of the 19th century. Certain rituals and traditions, such as singing of birthday songs, associated with birthday cakes are common to many Western cultures.
- sjutandi ( shoo-tand-ee )
- seventieth: the ordinal number of seventy in counting order
70th birthday cake – 70th Birthday
Green Lawn Bowls 70th Birthday Cake
The sugar character was made to reflect his general appearance and bowling green colours. He was made to be balding, gray hair and eyebrows and a short beard.
The cake was made from moist vanilla sponge with creamy vanilla buttercream and covered in green smooth fondant.
70th Birthday Cake